Five Things I Learned at LeucadiART Walk 2014

"Autumn Path" 9 x 12 Pastel on Paper
Started as a demo piece at the LeucadiART Walk 2014
Click here to view details
I had a booth at the 10th annual LeucadiART walk on the 101 Auguast 24th, 2014.  It was a long day, but I learned a few things:

1) Quiche really does taste best from a French Bakery.  My sister brought me quiche and coffee from French Corner on the 101, and this turned out to be the highlight of my day-- actually my week.  It kind of ruined me from quiche from any other place, not that I eat it that often...

2) If you're at a festival featuring a large number of artists (in this case 100 or so), being physically located at the end of the festival makes for a long day. People are either stopping briefly as they begin the long walk, or are tired of looking at artwork by the time they get to your booth.  Being at the complete opposite of the beer garden didn't help-- although it was probably at least quieter.

3)  "Leucadian" is a word, and it's used with pride.

4) I'll never, ever adjust through the sound of a train barreling by at regular intervals.  I find this strange, because I grew up hearing that same train fairly often, since my great-grandparents lived off Tamarack and I spent many hours playing outside there.  I jumped every time I heard the horn.

5) Even when I think I am super organized and have everything packed ahead of time, I'll still forget my can of fixative.  (This one is not so much something I learned, but rather confirmed. I think I remembered to bring fixative to one event so far this year).

I did appreciate meeting so many people who enjoy discussing art.  I'll definitely be back for that quiche and hand-made latte at some point!

For the next couple of months, I'll be concentrating on putting some artwork in local shows-- fall is a great season for inspiration and motivation!
"Balboa Turtle"
Original now available on Vango!


Want to see how my artwork would look in your own space?  Try it out with Vango!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Painting Cats

Inspired by Light (Pastels on Canvas)

A Hot Mess of Water Lilies!