Autumn Colors in California

"Pumpkin Pair" 4.5 x 6 in. Chalk Pastel on Paper
Click here to purchase

I found this little pair at the pumpkin patch in Fallbrook last year. They looked so cozy together, I had to take a quick picture.

Fall is a great time to be outside in Southern California. Most of the time the weather is clear and warm without the stickiness of summer. The intense light makes for great photographs and paintings, as it casts extra dark shadows and highlights all the bright colors of our beautiful surroundings. The air is also cleaner now than it is in the summertime, which means sharper visibility of all the surrounding hills and mountains.

I was relieved that my daughter passed these two pumpkins by last year. I would have felt bad if she decided to separate them and take one home.

A little fun I had with watercolor and pastel last year:
"A Fauve Goes to the Pumpkin Patch"





Click here to see additional originals for sale:
http://www.nikihilsabeck.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Hot Mess of Water Lilies!

Painting Cats

Cactus: Not Just a Desert Staple