Razors at 6:30 in the morning?

Since someone woke up a little earlier than usual today, I got an early start on painting. I was working on the ever-frustrating job of finishing up a mixed media piece. Dissatisfied with the textures on the painting (I went a little nuts with the tissue paper, and it made the whole thing look a mess), I decided to try a razor blade to shave off some of the layers. It worked, but was a little disheartening to have to take something apart like that. Still, it was a good lesson-- just like everything else in life, I need to be a little careful with the messes I create, lest I make more work for myself down the road.

A side note for this piece-- it's essentially a painting of sand, but the only place I used actual sand in the painting was to make the pink bucket.




"Citadel'
15 x 20
Mixed Media on Paper
(acrylic, tissue paper, pastel, sand)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Using Parchment Paper for Pastel

When Old Tricks Become New Tricks

Inspired by Light (Pastels on Canvas)